Journal list menu
The award-winning WIREs (Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews) series combines some of the most powerful features of encyclopedic reference works and review journals in an innovative online format. They are designed to promote a cross-disciplinary research ethos while maintaining the highest scientific and presentational standards, but should be viewed first and foremost as evolving online databases of cutting-edge reviews.
Journal Aims and Scope
The scientific examination of evidence collected at or related to a crime scene is one of the most important aspects of a fair and objective criminal justice system. WIREs Forensic Science has a strong interdisciplinary focus and serves as an encyclopedic reference for the community. The topical coverage includes: Forensic Anthropology, Forensic Science in Action/Crime Scene Investigation, Digital and Multimedia Science, Forensic Biology, Forensic Chemistry and Trace Evidence, Forensic Medicine, Jurisprudence and Regulatory Oversight, and Toxicology.
Each WIREs title was established in response to the urgent need to publish current, comprehensive reviews of the pioneering research that is being done in an interdisciplinary and complementary set of fields. Our goal is to support the research and teaching needs of advanced students, scientists, healthcare providers, governmental and policy analysts, and other professionals in these rapidly developing areas.
Reviews are structured into different Article Categories, each with its own description and intended audience. All articles are tagged with Topics and Subtopics to facilitate browsing.
Additionally, Wiley participates in the Research4Life initiative, which provides people at more than 7,700 institutions in the developing world with free or low cost access to scientific content.
- CAS: Chemical Abstracts Service (ACS)
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- IBSS: International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Central (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Central Basic (Korea) (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Central Essentials (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Central Student (ProQuest)
- Science Database (ProQuest)
- Science Journals (ProQuest)
- SciTech Premium Collection (ProQuest)
- Social Science Premium Collection (ProQuest)
- Web of Science (Clarivate Analytics)